How the pandemic has shaped the future of wellbeing
What hasn’t changed this year? More of us are working remotely than ever before. We’ve learned to juggle homeschooling, cooking, and caretaking. We’ve adjusted the way that we live in order to prioritize our health and safety. The way we view and practice fitness is no exception.
Whether you like to get moving outdoors, on your kitchen floor, or back in the gym, there are so many new normals. And these new normals will continue to have a ripple effect on the gyms, businesses, and activities that we are connected to in one way or another.
We were curious to find out more about how exactly things have changed for our communities around the world, so we did a survey of over 9,000 employees across 12 countries and put together a report that compiles our research. Not only does it highlight our changes in exercise habits, but it also sheds light on what we are most likely going to see in the future of fitness.
Here are a few of our findings:
- Most people still prefer offline workouts as 40% of respondents say they do not get the same results and consistency from working out online.
- The number of people who tried online workouts grew 36% because of the pandemic, with YouTube being the preferred platform (42%).
- Complex journeys demand guidance via a seamless user experience and assertive marketing since 17.58% are demanding a hybrid fit of online and offline ways of working out.
- Wellness is more important than ever for a productive workforce: 94% of people think their wellness routines are “somewhat” to “very” important for their productivity at work.
- 77% of people think that it’s “somewhat” to “very” important that their employer provides affordable wellness options, BUT the number of companies that helped with wellness during the lockdown was only 34%.
If you would like to learn more about these findings and do a little digging for yourself, the full report can be viewed here: The Future of Fitness and Wellbeing.
There are many alternative ways to continue achieving your wellbeing goals. Regardless of how you decide to move, make sure you find a safe and satisfying way that works for you!
From workouts to therapy, meditation, and everything in between, a Gympass membership gets you moving – mind, body, and mood. Sign up today and start your free trial.